2017 Rules, Release and Indemnification Form - Bad Bass Champs (BBC):
1. The Bad Bass Champs Tournament Trail is an Invitation Only series of fishing events. This is the Bad Bass Champs Tournament Trail, hereinafter referred to as the BBC. Furthermore, any individual not invited to fish may hereby send in an entry form and fee; however, entry into the event will be granted only by the circuit owners. The owners of the circuit hereby retains the right to deny entry for previous disqualifications, the practice of dishonesty in any way related to any fishing event or for the refusal to take a polygraph test set up by any organization for confirmation of an honest placement in any event or for prior threat of lawsuit or any other reason the owners so choose.
2. Participation is open to any team that receives an invitation or that receives approval for admittance to the circuit or event from the owners of BBC. A one time team membership fee per year of $ 100.00. All qualifying tournament fees are $120.00 per event. Championship fee if qualified, will be $200.00. Big bass typically pays 70/30 split. The use of an alternate or third team member will result in a $25 Alternate Team Member Fee. The alternate must also sign a rules form in order to fish. Only one Alternate Team Member may be used yearly but he/she may be used as often as so desired. The Alternate Team Member must fish a minimum of one event during the season in order to be eligible to participate in the Championship. A team may consist of one person, (you may fish by your self). An emergency alternate may be allowed at the discretion of the tournament directors.
3. There is no official off-limits for regular season tournaments. For the BBC Championship, there is no practicing after the Friday evening immediately preceding the event.
4. Sign-in for each event will begin approximately 1.5 hrs. before on the morning of the event at which time teams will draw for a Boat Position in the event. Entry fees are due the Monday before the event. Any payment after the Monday deadline must be accompanied by a $10 Late Fee. A Pre-Tournament Meeting will be held prior to blast-off. A minimum of one team member must be present at the meeting. The tournament will begin at safe light following the meeting (at discretion of the Tournament Director). Please note that ALL registration will CLOSE 20 MINUTES BEFORE the start of all tournaments to ensure that there is a timely start. Additionally, any team that prepays for the entire year will be able to draw two position numbers at each event maintaining the position of his/her choice.
5. Safe boating practices must be observed at all times, including the use of a kill switch when the combustion engine is in operation. Life vests are highly encouraged at all times and are the responsibility of each angler. 6. Good Sportsmanship must be practiced at all times. Disqualification will occur for drunkenness or an unsportsmanlike act. This includes having an individual illegally holding spots for a team to fish or any other normal yet illegal bass tournament infraction, whether included or not in the BBC set of rules. The traditional 50-yard rule is only in effect when a boat is anchored and the trolling motor is out of the water. No boat may pull into an area already occupied, anchored and the trolling motor removed from the water.
7. All boats must have a working live-well system, a kill switch and a horsepower limit not exceeding the BIA/Coast Guard Certification Limit.
8. Permitted fishing methods includes, all fishing must be done from a boat. Proof of liability insurance must be available at time of entry on water. The use of one rod at a time per team member, no live bait except pork-style trailers and trolling is prohibited (Artificial baits only).
9. Contestants may fish anywhere on tournament waters, except areas designated by lake officials as off-limit areas. Additionally, tournament officials may also designate at the Pre-Tournament Meeting additional off-limit areas. Violation of this rule or any other lake rules may be cause for disqualification. Your boat may not be in the off limit area while fishing.
10. The official checkpoint at end of the day check-in will typically be on the shore next to the fish check table, but will be announced at the pre-tournament meeting. Failure to check in on time will cause immediate disqualification. (No late boats allowed). Launch buoys are not required but help with check in.
11. Only largemouth, smallmouth and Kentucky spotted bass may be weighed in. A five fish per team limit must be observed. Unless the fish is caught within sight of the weigh in area, no culling will be permitted within sight of the weigh in area. No additional fish beyond five bass are permitted in the live-well at the time of weigh-in.
12. Fish brought to the scale dead will receive a half-pound penalty. Short fish brought to the scale will receive a one-pound penalty. All penalties are attached to a total bag weight, not an individual fish.
13. In case of ties, both teams will split the points of the place in which the tie occurs and the next place down. Monies will be split in the same manner. (i.e.: tie for third splits third and fourth place points and money).
14. Any protest must be made on the official protest form supplied by the tournament officials, filled out completely and returned prior to the payment period of the weigh-in. Protests will only be considered if both parties pay the cost of a polygraph test in advance. The winner of the protest will have his/her fees returned. Failure to take, pay for or pass the polygraph test will result in immediate disqualification. No additional test will be scheduled and no fees returned. The tournament owners will determine who must take the polygraph test as well as the questions to be answered in said test.
15. To qualify for the BBC Championship, please see the website www.BadBassChamps.com. Teams will also be required to participate in at least 4 tournaments and place in the top 50 by points in order to qualify or fish all five events to automatically qualify. A no-show will receive the same points as a team that comes in without any fish, 25 points below the last fish weighed.
16. By signing this waiver, the participants agree to abide by all the tournament rules and official decisions made by the circuit owners. Additionally, the signing of this form is a waiver of the right to bring legal action against the tournament owners and /or officials. In addition, should a signer of this document fail to abide by the rules, he/she does hereby agree to pay the legal fees for the tournament owners and/or any of its officials.
17. Tournament officials reserve the right to add or amend the rules at any time they deem necessary. Statements listed on entry forms are also considered official rules of said circuit even though they may not be restated in this set of rules.
18. I agree to the payouts as set forth by the tournament directors and understand that the payouts will vary based on the size of the field, entry fee and sponsorship money. Payouts are subject to change at anytime, and are at the discretion of the tournament directors.
19. By signing this form you agree that you can be given a poly-graph test for any given tournament run by BBC trail officials regardless of the reason, and that the payout results will hinge upon the results of said polygraph.
20. All members must carry a minimum of $100,000 of liability insurance on any boat they might use during any Bad Bass Champs Tournament Trail event (including opens). Failure to do so or reporting of false information will result in disqualification.
21. I WAIVE, RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE Bad Bass Champs, LLC and its memebers, officers, directors, and agents, and their heirs, successors and assigns, from any and all lawsuits, claims,causes of action, and liability of every name and nature, in law or in equity, arising out of, or in connection with my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or action of any kind which may hereafter accrue to me in connection with, or during a BBC run event, and in connection with, or during, my travel to and from any BBC event.
22. I hereby agree to DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS Bad Bass Champs, LLC, from and against all liabilities, claims, lawsuits, causes of action, damages, cost or expense, of every name and nature, including but not limited to all attorneys fees and other legal fees and expenses, arising out of, or in connection with my participation in any BBC event, including without limitation, any claim by a third party in connection with my said participation.
23. I agree that this Waiver and Release from Liability be construed as broadly as possible to provide release and waiver to the maximum extent allowable by law and to provide the most broad indemnification,defense and hold harmless obligations allowable under the law.
24. I hereby certify that I have read this document and understand its content, all of my obligations here under, and all of the rights I am hereby sacrificing. I hereby certify that I am under no legal disability which would prevent all or any part of this document from being legally binding.
RULES MUST BE SIGNED USING THE 2017 RULES FORM AND FILED WITH CIRCUIT ADMINISTRATORS. ALSO, ALL ALTERNATES MUST SIGN AND FILE WITH THE CIRCUIT ADMINISTRATORS THE 2017 ALTERNATE RULES FORM.
Based on 100 boat field:
Based on 75 boat field:
NOTE: These are general payout examples. Actual payouts may vary according to number of entrants. Payouts are subject to change at the discretion of tournament staff.